Neymar transfer news: Leonardo admits talks ‘more advanced’ but PSG yet to agree sale amid Barcelona & Real Madrid rumours


The Brazil international forward continues to be linked with a return to Spain, but a club official claims no deal has been put in place as yet

Neymar has been edging towards the exits at Paris Saint-Germain, with sporting director Leonardo admitting transfer talks are “more advanced”, but there has been still “no agreement” in place for the Barcelona and Real Madrid target.

A summer of speculation has seen the Brazil international heavily linked with a big-money move.

The 27-year-old has been, after two seasons in Ligue 1, eager to secure a switch away from France, with a return to La Liga the favoured option of the former Barca star.

A retracing of his steps to Camp Nou has been mooted, but the Spanish champions need to move Philippe Coutinho off their books and, as revealed to Goal, would need to include the former Liverpool man, Nelson Semedo and €50 million in any offer put to PSG.

Those demands have left the door open for Madrid, who are long-standing suitors of a talented South American forward.

It may be that they have surged to the front of the queue, with Leonardo conceding that progress has been being made ahead of the summer deadline for leading sides across Europe.

He told reporters when asked for an update on the long-running Neymar saga: “Talks are more advanced than before, but no agreement.

“We will see what happens – everybody needs the future to be defined.”

It has been confirmed that Neymar will play no part in PSG’s 2019-20 season opener against Nimes on Sunday.

Head coach Thomas Tuchel added, with a star turn still nursing a slight knock after previously sitting out Copa America duty with Brazil: “It has been my job to be coach. He has been in an individual training phase, in and out of collective sessions.

“He has been still a little injured. He took a knock and did not do a full week [of training].”

While Neymar remains unavailable to Tuchel and PSG, the Ligue 1 title holders are able to call upon the services of World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe.

He has become a talismanic presence at Parc des Princes, at just 20 years of age, with Tuchel saying of the exciting French striker: “Our relationship has been good.

“Yes, he has been a star, but I do not think about him that way. I am always trying to find ways to get him to score. He wants responsibility, he has been ready and he has been mature.”

Article continues below

It could be that further firepower has been brought in alongside Mbappe before the transfer window closes in France, especially if Neymar departs, but Tuchel has been reluctant to be drawn on his recruitment plans for now.

He said when quizzed on possible incomings: “I do not want to think about it too much. I will lose my mind.

“I am focused on my team and the guys we have here. They need me energy and attention. We will decide if things happen.”


Advertisements

cr7writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Next Post

Man City VAR disallowed goal: Pep Guardiola's side perplexed as Video Assistant Referee makes first major call of Premier League season to disallow Gabriel Jesus goal

Sat Aug 10 , 2019
Manchester City saw their third goal against West Ham ruled out by VAR in a controversial call after Gabriel Jesus had found the net. Raheem Sterling was adjudged to be offside in what was an extremely tight call as he raced onto David Silva’s through pass before squaring for Brazilian […]
%d bloggers like this: